Show Box is a functional movie-watching app that is steadily gaining a lot of fans recently. It is an application that lets the user watch online content as well as download videos, TV series, and movies. With the growing demand for quality and worthwhile media, so does the demand for a platform where users can freely access and watch them. And also, in one of the latest updates, the app is now capable of music playback and downloading.
One of the best things about the app is that its user interface was designed and built as simple as possible preserving its natural feel to give consumers maximum function. In the left pane of the main window, the app displays the available music, TV series and movies that the users can access. These are provided in a drop-down style menu for easy browsing and selection. User downloads, as well as any media content that were previously added, is also displayed within this convenient pane. This is especially helpful in tracking specific activities and status of media within a whole library of other stuff in the app.
After selecting the desired media to enjoy within the app’s rich library, the user is given the option to stream them online or to download it all completely onto the system. Users can click the corresponding button, and they are all set to go. The app also provides options in which the user can enjoy their stream or download content quality. Movie and TV series fans can conveniently enjoy their media with less hassle on handling subtitles. Show Box lets its users upload subtitles onto the media automatically. But this option is only available to those who have accounts on OpenSubtitles.
This is a competitive alternative to the more frequently used apps in the market that let Android users enjoy and download their TV series and movies. The classic functionality of the app is also highly commendable. The massively rich content database is truly a paradise to most fans.
- Users are able to search for the next movie or series to enjoy, using the filter capability of the app. It lets the user refine their searches in terms of genre and many more.
- The app also gives the user the option to choose the quality of the video to suit the various user and device preferences.
- It is also easy to share various media content with family members as well as friends using the app.
- The user interface lets its user to enjoy their content exactly how they want, easily.
- The app is also free to enjoy in all devices without the need to create an exclusive account for it. No registration is required – launch the app, and everyone is set to enjoy.
- For those users who want to always be on top of their library, the app has a wide sorting function to neatly organize all their content.
- Users are free to create a various watching list with all their available content within the app.
- There are tons of videos available in Full HD.
- The app displays most of the latest media for its users to enjoy.
- The easy search function lets its users find what they are looking for or what suits their tastes and preferences conveniently.
Downloading on Android Devices
To successfully install Showbox on Android devices, users must make sure to authorize installation of Unknown Sources. This option is available under the Settings menu and turning on the Install from Unknown Sources.
- Download the appropriate APK for the device (Android). Note: This is not readily available from the Google PlayStore.
- Once download completes, the user can launch the file from the system.
- If there is a security block from the system regarding the installation from an unknown source, the user must go to Settings then turn on the necessary option (depends on the phone model and the Android version).
- If there is none, proceed with the installation by clicking the Allow button.
- The installation is complete; the application is ready for use.
Downloading on iOS
As of the moment, there are no available APK installers of the Showbox app for iOS mobile devices. On other websites, there are some claims that there is an iOS apk installer for the app. Beware of these websites, because what they are offering does not work and might cause unwanted issues on iOS devices. When enabling Installation from Unknown Sources, users must make sure to download files only from trusted and reliable websites only. Doing so ensures that their devices are safe from damage or from a security breach.
The creators of the app are also working on providing an official iOS version. Although not in the soonest possible time, they are working on answering the demands of their community. For the meantime, users are advised to take caution when downloading and installing unofficial iOS APK for their mobile devices.
- Users must download only from trusted websites. There are numerous fake APK files circulating the internet that victimize uninformed users. When launched, these files also inject threats such as malware and virus within the device. This will inhibit the device from working normally and may lead to loss of data or major damages. Download from reliable sources only and do not forget to run files under Anti-Virus scans.
- The APK file is and will not be available for download from Google PlayStore. Users must download the file and install it from the device’s directory.
- Users are advised to update their versions to the latest available. This is to ensure that everyone is enjoying the same features and functions. The latest version is free from Ads, supports online streaming of music for free as well as for download.
Removing Android Pop-Up Ads
In a recent APK version, an Ad will be shown once the device is unlocked. This is a recently occurring issue that can be fixed easily without the hassle of uninstalling and re-installing the app from the device.
- Go to Settings Menu on mobile device.
- Go to Security Menu (or Privacy in some phone models or versions)
- Go to option on Device Administration.
- Disable ShowBox Ads from the menu.
Common Problems and Fixes
As with all apps good or bad, there are some problems which may arise regarding installation, usage, and functions. Here are some common problems and possible fixes for each. They are deemed possible because there are cases where symptoms shown are the same but are not solved by the same fix. This can be attributed to software differences in mobile devices.
- Frequent app crashes – This is mainly due to insufficient available device memory. Users can free up more space for the app’s resources by deleting other apps, files and clearing system and app caches. Freeing space for Showbox will solve most crash issues.
- Media fails to load – Users must make sure that the media is not run from a torrent link. Try selecting another server and playing it on another media player to test the soundness of the media. If it plays on the second player, there is another version of the app called ShowBoxLite. This is a lite version that can be used to run problematic media.
- Excessive ads – If there are tons of ads showing up on screen making it difficult to use the phone entirely, this is most likely a symptom of installing Showbox from a fake APK file. This is probably the work of an invasive Malware or a Trojan already in the device. Immediately remove all its Administrator permissions to uninstall it. Download from a different source and double check the authenticity of the file.
- Links fail to load – This must be due to the unavailability of the link because it has not been or is being currently uploaded during the time. Select another link to test whether the link retrieval protocol is still intact.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions frequently raised by the user community regarding the Showbox app:
- How to make sure that my ShowBoxAPK is running on the latest version? – Once Showbox is installed on a mobile device, the system automatically prompts you whether there is an update available for the app. For first-time users, be sure to download the latest available APK file from the trusted file-sharing sites on the Web.
- Can the ads be safely removed from the app? – The answer is yes. Just follow the step discussed earlier. If the app is excessively showing ads, re-read on previous parts to properly deal with this pesky situation.
- Why is my player lagging? – This can be either one of the following: a bad video copy, an unstable connection through the media link, or a RAM issue. Read on previously discussed an issue regarding memory concerns for solutions.
- Is there a smaller version of Showbox? – Yes, there is. ShowBoxLite is available. This mod is for devices with file size issues. It is 20MB smaller than the original app. This app performs just like the original one and it is also free to download and install.
- Why can’tI download the APK file? – This is likely due to the link being broken or it may have been transferred to another file hosting website. Search again for its latest version. Users can also try looking for the latest APK file by using a third-party platform. Also, do not forget to scan files before attempting to run them from the mobile devices.
- Why do the APK versions differ greatly in file size? – All app improvements in interface, functionality and everything else add to the previous version. This is the reason why a later version is larger than an older version. Users are advised to check up on the change logs of the versions so that every change is understood and accounted for. Some ridiculously large or small files should raise some flags, these are most likely files rigged with Malware and the like.
- Showbox cannot be uninstalled? – The app cannot be installed by the conventional method. The app is given admin privileges during installation so that it can access resources for some of its essential functions. Users must remove these privileges first before uninstalling. This can be done through Settings>Device Administration. Proceed with uninstalling after revoking admin privileges of the app.
Tips on App Permissions
The app has functions that require user permissions for it to run effectively and efficiently. Here are some of the permissions and what they do for the app:
- Phone Status – This saves user preferences such as bookmarks and watching history within a pseudo-account. The app does not require registration or accounts before using it, so it saves all data only within the app itself.
- Phone Sleep – This prevents the screen of the mobile device to fade to black while watching media. This allows for uninterrupted watching enjoyment for an unlimited time as long as the app is playing on the screen.
- Location – This contributes to the overall speed of content streaming by the app. This also sends statistics to international servers so that media preferences and availability are always updated.
- Network–This option prohibits a mobile device from Torrent links that are blocked in the user’s immediate region so that no regulation will be violated. This is to protect the user against unknowingly committing an offense while streaming. This is also what Showbox uses to get all the available media for streaming and downloading for all users.
- SD Card – This allows the app to divert all incoming downloads to a removable storage within the mobile device. This will direct content to the desired removable location.
Showbox APK is currently one of the main gunners in the movie and video playback and download market. With its wide range of available media ready for streaming and download, this is a must-have for movie and series fanatics. Although Android users are the only ones who can enjoy this app, iOS users need not worry. The developers are doing their work on producing the much-awaited port.