Showbox For iPhone
Film, television, and movies have their own impact on the society. They are the means of education as well as a medium of expression. In the modern world that revolves around the unique value of culture, the kind of movies and television one is exposed to determine their background. Be it any genre, movies, on their own, have an impact on the society, in particular, the teenagers and young adult community. Movies are a source of entertainment for kids with cartoons, play shows, and in the form of drama and education for the young adults with romance, suspense, horror, and biographies. With the progress of technology, the movies have shifted from film or theater to home video and Bluray. Now accessible on a smartphone with software, users will no longer have to wait in a queue to purchase tickets or spend excessively on DVDs. One such software is Showbox. Showbox is a highly popular smartphone application that can be used to stream movies and television shows. The application’s library consists of nearly half a million movies and television shows in all time history. The movies available are from different languages, released in different states. On the other hand, the television shows are updated on the servers as soon as they are released as recent seasons of the shows are available on the application. The software’s server database is diverse and features contents pulled from torrents. As streaming is free of cost and does not require the search for a torrent and the numerous popup Trojan viral threats, the application has received positive response ever since its inception. Including download, streaming or HD streaming, for that matter, the application is completely free and available at the tap of your fingerprints on your smart phone.
Showbox For iPad
The application started with a small, short set of servers that would allow the users to stream content from one or two servers. Now, the application has almost ten times the amount of content that is being streamed with the aid of over twice the number of servers with over a dozen backup servers in place. With over a million users in their database and nearly one tenth of that amount as their daily traffic, the application experiences a lot of user load. However, the application barely lags and is prompt in upload of videos. The experience is nearly hassle-free and does not require any technical expertise to operate the application with ease. The user interface of the application defines itself from its ease of access to the options and smoother operation. The graphics are not extraordinary as a smoother transition between the menus is given higher preference. There is dedicated search toolbar that can be used to filter through the numerous uploads on the servers each day. A menu features tabs that separate out Movies, TV Shows, Application settings, and an updates page. The updates tab is a place where in all the user’s favorite TV shows and movies of the same genre that are uploaded each day are added. There is also the option of creating playlists that enlist the entire collection of favorite movies and TV shows. As a user, you do not have to worry out missing out a show on a particular day as you can access it from your playlist even after months and enjoy it over a cup of coffee on your smart phone or tablet. Updates for the application are frequently released in attempts to make the application quality better, add more server utilities, and deal with those common bugs. The team behind the software constantly listens to the user’s comments and makes subsequent modifications.
The availability of the application on different platforms is one of the most influential things that drove its popularity. Apart from being available on download for hand-held gadgets and smartphones, the desktop version of the application for PC is being used by a certain class of users. The application continues to remain free of cost, reliable with its servers and delivers content at the same, frequent pace. The only requirement for streaming movies or TV shows over the application is to ensure a stable data connection that operates over decent internet speeds. As the data hosted by the servers is heavy and features two to three hour long feature films, the speed of the internet connection matters a lot. For this reason, to experience all of the features and effectiveness of the application, it is crucial for you to have a proper broadband connectivity or strong Wi-Fi. If your content is able to stream smoothly owing to the good internet speeds, you can spend lesser time on the TV or look for other options in recording shows or stand in long queues for the movie tickets. Right from the screen of your phone at home, you can watch and stream any of your favorite TV or Movies, or any new releases.
The media player that features inherently on the application is a standard online web content media player and is ideally adapted to all kinds of multimedia. Once you click on stream or watch option of any multimedia, the inherent web player launches, as it is the player of choice for videos. The player features simple controls and a clear interface that the user can use to rewind, quick rewind, pause, forward, quick forward, along a progress bar on the screen that indicates the total time of content in the video. Unlike movies in the theater, you can take time or re-watch your favorite scenes by rewinding or skip certain sections using the forward option or by dragging along the advancement bar.
As smart phones and tablets continue to define the present technology era, Showbox is just an addition that is both a cost-effective means of entertainment but also adds to the element of convenience for users. People that barely find time to watch their TV shows with the release of every episode can do so now by recording everything on a website and catch up stuff you missed from your smart phone, tablet, or PC.
Key Features you need to know as a potential future user:
- Ability to stream latest in movies and TV shows on your mobile device
- The movie and TV shows available for viewing are available offline through the option of download.
- There is no requirement for registering or login into the application for download or operation.
- The software is free to download and is available to a majority of the users across platforms
- Simple, user-friendly clean user interface that is oriented for smoother operation and ease of use
- Dedicated search engine used to find specific terms in movie or TV show titles
- Option for creating a favorite playlist for keeping a tab on your favorite movies and TV Serials
- Inherent web player of the application is self-sufficient with features like fast forward and, fast rewind, pause, and toggle bar for checking your progress of the video.
- Showbox’s web application and video library features content from all of history of entertainment
- The library even features content from different languages
- The application is regularly updated to have new backup servers and new episodes and movies
- The latest feature of the application allows the user the choice to pick the desired quality to watch the movie.
- You get to pick from 360 pixels, 480 pixels, and HD with 720 pixels
- Ability to filter out movies and episodes based on a particular genre suggestion
- Ability to share videos on various platforms through web links
- The color theme of the application is best suited for text visibility and reduces strain on the eyes
- No e-mail ID registration or purchase is required
- Download is faster with updated optimized server uplink technology
- Works well on both cellular data connection as well as Wi-Fi
- The application is available for iOS in the form of its sister association in MovieBox
- For PC, the application can be run on both 32-bit and 64-bitWindows OS
- The application supports Windows OS XP (Service Pack 1), Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and the latest on offer Windows 10 OS
- For Macintosh OS, the application supports Mac OS X 10.6 and above
- For Android, the application supports any version onwards from Android 4.4 Kitkat
- For iOS devices like the iPhone and iPad, the application supports iOS 9 and above
Main points to keep in mind:
- One of the most prominent advantages of using Showbox is the ability to stream movies and TV shows from an expanded video library without having to pay. There is no requirement of purchase to access the videos hosted on the application’s servers.
- The servers are constantly updated with new content that adds to the utility of the application.
- Even with numerous servers, at times the application fails to retrieve content and load the video. This usually happens with older content where only a few good servers work.
- The application does not have a dedicated helpline support over the telephone/e-mail. Often the best source of information is other users and developers of the application.
- On all platforms, the requirements to run the application remain the same.
- A minimum requirement of a 2.2 GHz processor or above Intel Core i3 or equivalent processor is needed to run the application smoothly
- 2 GB RAM is a must to be able to run background operations and avoid crashing the application. If you are looking to multitask, a 4 GB RAM unit is required.
- Proper internet connection that has a fast upload and download speed
- Even though the application is a small one, for iPad, a minimum of 3GB storage should be freely available for downloading videos.
Supported File Types
- The application supported all kind of video file formats and used to view movies and TV shows of common video file formats like.MP4, MOV, .AVI, .3GP, etc.
How to install and use:
- The application is available in the form of a .apk file (Android Package Kernel) that enables a third party installation of the application in any Android OS phone. However, for iOS devices, the process involved is different as .apk files do not run on iOS devices.
- For iOS, Showbox is available in the form of a sister application known as MovieBox.
- To install Moviebox, download the installation file from the official website for Showbox for iOS
- Once a setup file is downloaded, the installation process begins
- The application might take a few minutes to install, so just leave the progress bar to fill up
- Whenever prompted, click on next during the installation
- Once the application is installed, the Showbox application will be available on the home screen of your iPhone or iPad. You can open the application directly from the home screen or search for it using the dedicated search bar for iOS
- Even though they have a different name, Moviebox is exactly the same as Showbox and operates using the same servers
- If you are having troubles with loading the video be it a movie or a TV show, it is most probably because the chosen server is either not updated, old, or is a torrent server. Shifting to a third server or server 3 could help in loading the video. If it still does not work, check your internet connection and load it lower quality.
- If the application is not loading video links, try refreshing the application. This happens when the application experiences web traffic.
- If the application is crashing before loading a video or while playing, clear cache memory and close all running applications. This would help you dedicate more RAM to the Showbox for iPhone, video player. RAM memory is an important requirement of the application, and it could take up nearly 50%-60% of the free memory.
- If the Showbox video player is lagging, switch to other video players available to your device like VLC media player. However, the Showbox video player is well designed and self-sufficient in terms of features to demand the user to switch to other video players.